About Cambridge Rotary
We currently have about 65 members and our weekly meetings are held every Thursday evening. The meeting format is very welcoming with social/networking time over a drink followed by a relaxed meal and an interesting speaker or programme.
Starting at 5:30pm for 6:00pm and finishing around 7:45pm, we meet at the staff room Cambridge High School 25 Swayne Rd, Cambridge. Each year we embark on a number of projects, some of which are fundraisers for local and international causes.If you would like more details, would like to come to meeting or assist with a project, phone 07 8276799 or to send an email press here
The club was founded in 1946 with 26 members, having been sponsored by the Rotary Club of Hamilton. Since then it has always been one of the larger clubs in the district.
So why join Rotary?
Being a member of a Rotary Club is not only a good way to get to know more people in your neighbourhood— it's also a great way to get involved in your community. Through community service and other means, Rotarians help promote peace and understanding throughout the world. Our members are our most important asset- the force that allows Rotary to carry out its many humanitarian efforts and achieve its mission. There are 1.2 million members worldwide.
We are neighbours, community members, and global citizens uniting for the common good.
With new enthusiastic members we can accomplish even more.
Becoming a Rotarian connects you with a diverse group of people who share your drive and desire to give back to your community. We usually meet up over dinner, where we:
- Discuss our community's needs and discover creative ways to meet them
- Expand our leadership and professional skills
- Have great guest speakers
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Like every Rotary club we strive for a diverse membership that is an up-to-date and progressive representation of our community. Our club accepts women and men as new members by invitation, but we recommend you first get in touch to learn more. Membership in Rotary Cambridge offers a number of benefits, including:
- Effecting change within the community
- Developing team and leadership skills
- Gaining an understanding of - and having an impact on - international humanitarian issues
- Developing relationships in your local and business community
- A great programme of speakers at our meetings
- Lots of fun, doing good with like-minded people